Friday, August 08, 2008

Daily Digest #116

Love never fails. —1 Corinthians 13:8

I can testify how powerful love is in my life. With love, I was able to look into the brighter side of things over the flaws and the weaknesses. I was able to forgive, which leads me to believe that love really heals faster than time. With love, I was able to choose to be kind rather than be right. It had made me believe in myself, able to step into a higher level when all along I thought I could never exceed my personal limit. I have come to trust that everything done in the name of love can always succeed. But of course, it depends on how one defines love. If we would only see it in a romantic sense or as an obligation, we would have set conditions and expectations, which contradicts what God really intended it to be. Real love is unconditional; it does not give up or walk away when things get rough; and it will always get us through no matter how impossible things may seem. To love is to take risks of getting hurt, but knowing that the goal is worth it -- which is towards God. God knows a heart that's pure, and He will make sure that it would never run out of love.

For this, let us pray. May we see love, not as how we want it to be, but as how God intended as stated in 1 Corinthians 13. May we pray for a loving heart -- only in this way can we truly obey and serve Him. Pray always.

Labels: ,