Friday, August 22, 2008

Daily Digest #125

O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is Your name in all the earth! —Psalm 8:1

I was fortunate enough to enjoy the beauty of nature early this year. First, in Sangkhlaburi -- a province in the western border; then, Koh Phangan -- an island in the south. Getting in touch with nature has helped me renew my faith and has given me much hope as I spent days contemplating on my life. I had found a profound sense of peace, completely detaching myself from the busy city life and several life's crises. As I took a glance at His marvelous creations -- the seas, lakes, rivers, mountains, and the skies -- every single moment allowed me to slow down and enjoy His works, and focus on the things that really matter in my life. Indeed, God's glory can be seen in all of His creation. It's just that sometimes we focus too much on human ways and errors that we neglect God's blessings.

I realize that at times when we doubt where He's been or if He had been listening to our prayers, all we need to do is look around, and we will surely see His presence there. Just as how God vaguely explained His creations to Job, He is always reminding us that He is in control of EVERYTHING, and that we need not tell Him what to do. We ask questions and seek favorable answers, but He always comes up with an extraordinary response, oftentimes different and much better than we hoped for. One would truly say "how great is our God!"

For this, let us pray. May we see God's glory in ALL of His creations. May we learn to appreciate and give thanks for all the blessings that we receive, counting each experience as a grace or a lesson. May we learn to see the goodness in everyone, seeing Christ in each other's faces. Have a great day! Pray always.

Labels: ,