Friday, May 15, 2009

Daily Digest #288

We speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages. —1 Corinthians 2:7

We usually want diversion when we struggle. We tend to ignore problems to avoid ruining our day. We fear reality sometimes that we want to escape, to have even just a day of happiness. Then we'll realize that the problem is still there. The pain hasn't gone away. We're back with the same old crap.

The Bible teaches us how to face our fears and weaknesses, how to endure and persevere. This may sound masochistic to some, but it only does when we focus too much on the problem rather than the solution. We often refuse to take time to assess ourselves, our character, our principles, our priorities, that we lose our way. We ignore that soft whisper in our hearts, "why am i here?" It is the lack of purpose that makes us go astray. We are all in search of happiness, but we often mistake this for something temporary. Then we wonder, how can someone be happy all the time? :D

I used to have a co-worker who always smiled. For some reason, it irritated me. In my head I said, "how can she be happy everyday? That's just not possible." But the joke was on me. I realized that I was unhappy, and I couldn't accept the fact that others were really happy. It seemed unfair. But I figured the only problem was the way I saw things. I rarely counted my blessings. I complained a lot. I didn't value my relationships very much. Until it dawned on me that I needed to change from within. I needed a different perspective. With God's love and guidance, I began to notice how I was looking at the same things, but seeing them differently :D And that has brought me inner happiness everyday.

For this, let us pray. May we seek His wisdom and apply it in our lives. May we humble ourselves and admit our flaws. May we ask for courage to change. May we see as God sees. Pray always.

Labels: ,