Sunday, May 10, 2009

Daily Digest #279

From you the word of the Lord has sounded forth, not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place. —1 Thessalonians 1:8

Yesterday, I was beginning to worry about different things: the turnout of my teacher's license renewal next year (yes, that far off heheh, when I still have this year's renewal coming in a few days), my fate in the coming years, opportunities I might have missed out. I was reminded of the verse "do not worry about tomorrow, for today has enough troubles of its own" but I couldn't help but think about the possibilities. Then I remembered to pray, and I was able to sleep soundly right away :D

That's not the best part. When I went to work this morning, I was greeted by my lady bosses with the sweetest smile. That always relieves me; it gives more confidence on the work I do. I was more humbled by this because they have just offered housing privileges last week, which I of course took (I guess you all know that I moved to another apartment, and it's been great :D ). During the course of the day, I was able to gather feasible options about the stuff I was worrying about. I did some research on schools I could enroll in this year that would not conflict with my work hours. Yes, I might be studying soon, and my boss is very supportive of the idea. To cut the story short, everything that I was worrying about dissolved and was replaced with solutions. I was so relieved later this afternoon! And as I was getting ready to leave, I was called in my boss' office and was informed of a generous salary increase effective in July :D

I'm so overwhelmed right now. I cannot thank God more, not only for these blessings, but for His wise counsel.... He has ways of reminding me how He's working out things for the best, that I need not worry, and that I should never forget to pray. I never imagined last night that this day would turn out so great. Thank you po, Lord :D

For this, I invite you to join me in prayer.... Thank You Lord for all the blessings, for all the opportunities, for each time You draw us closer to You.... Thank You for comforting us, for replacing anxiety with trust, and fear with hope and surprises. Forgive us for our sins, our shortcomings, for offending You in any ways. May we not forget to count our blessings always. May we learn to trust His ways. Pray always.

Labels: ,