Thursday, July 30, 2009

Daily Digest #316

I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.” —Isaiah 6:8

Allow me to share excerpts of the attached reading ("How Can I Know What God Wants Me To Do", p. 32) about following God's will:

God's Will and My Will

Your answers to the following questions should help you evaluate your ability to make a God-honoring decision when faced with difficult choices:

- Have I asked for God's help?

- Do I show that I trust God in every area in my life, not merely in this decision?

- Do I obey God's clearly revealed will?

- Am I operating on the basis of good reasons rather than changing my feelings?

- Am I filling my mind with God's Word so that my mind is being transformed?

- Are there biblical commands or principles that apply to my specific situation?

- What are the alternatives and consequences of each possible option? How do these fare when evaluated by what the Bible says?

- Do my abilities and weaknesses have a bearing on the decision? How?

- What decision will glorify God, build me up spiritually, and edify others?

- Have I sought out worthy advisors?

- Have I carefully evaluated the advice, not merely accepted or rejected it?

- Is this decision a matter of my own freedom?

- Do I have peace that my decision is right?

- Would wanting be profitable or detrimental?

- Am I determined to obey and please God?

For this, let us pray. May we grow an obedient and faithful heart to follow God's will. May we have ears to listen and eyes to see what or where He's trying to lead us. May we have the courage to obey. Pray always. God bless!

Labels: ,