Thursday, July 30, 2009

Daily Digest #320

Now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. —1 Corinthians 13:13


In the past, I learned how love hurts and scars. It came to a point when I didn't know what love is anymore. I have loved people who didn't love me back. This got me into thinking, maybe I wasn't lovable enough :D Or maybe I simply trusted people or expected too much from them more than God. Sometimes, when I think that someone is heaven-sent, I tend to give my all to that person rather than the One who gave him/her to me. I lose focus, and forget that there's a purpose why we met in the first place. I forget how people come and go, while God's presence stays forever. I forget to pray and rely completely in God for the choices I make. When I do pray, I usually ask Him to make my will His rather than the other way around. I even complain how He knows my innermost desires yet makes them very difficult or too complicated to attain. I also realize that I find it difficult to accept His "NO" answers to my prayers sometimes.

The reading today reminds us of God's love. It is the kind of love that never fails. It never gives up. It never abandons. It always forgives. His love is more than enough. It stops us from searching for love in the wrong places. His love teaches us to love others unconditionally. His love gives us undying hope and faith. His love gives us courage to trust. His love makes us pray. His love not only overwhelms in a very profound way but also makes us want to be a better person.

For this, let us pray. Lord, thank You for Your unconditional love. Thank You for the lessons You teach us everyday. Thank You for reminding us what love is all about. Please bless our relationships -- may You always stay in between. We pray for the lost, the hopeless, the bitter, the hurt and the lonely. May we witness and testify of Your love in our lives. Amen.

Labels: ,