Friday, July 31, 2009

Daily Digest #329

You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. —Psalm 73:24

I was watching Michael Jackson's Bucharest concert last night. It was overwhelming to watch such a legend. And I was again filled with grief to know that we have lost one. But the best part about all these is that He is finally HOME :D There would be no more pain and heartache for him. As I listened to his songs, I realized how beautiful the words are (i am usually after the melody more than the lyrics, so it felt like the first time hearing his songs) -- about love, peace, unity, equality -- all the things we could ever pray for this troubled world. I honor his work, for being an ambassador of Christ in what he did. Somehow, I do see Christ in him. His entire life had been dedicated for others, no matter how hard. Like pharisees, the press and other people from different industries, including the music industry, made a mockery out of his life. His work has been overlooked because the flaws seemed more appealing, and profitable. It is truly a shame if we have made profit out of another person's suffering... . I am not specifically a Micheal Jackson fan, but I have always admired people with passion and purpose.

I read some of his quotes, and I would like to share some that inspired me the most. This is my way of paying tribute to a man who had been misunderstood and criticized, even after his death:

I'm a visionary and a creative person. God blessed me with certain talents. I hate to use an analogy, but Walt Disney was creative but not good with business. His brother Roy handled the books. He loved creating family-oriented entertainment and so do I. I feel that was a gift and I have that gift also. I'm very honored to have been chosen.

Success definitely brings on loneliness. People think you're lucky, that you have everything. They think you can go anywhere and do anything, but that's not the point. One hungers for the basic stuff.

I've been in the entertainment industry since I was six-years-old ... As Charles Dickens says, 'It's been the best of times, the worst of times.' But I would not change my career ... While some have made deliberate attempts to hurt me, I take it in stride because I have a loving family, a strong faith and wonderful friends and fans who have, and continue, to support me.

[on refuting persistent rumors of skin surgery or bleaching] If I had a chance to talk to Michelangelo, I would ask him what inspired him to become who he is, the anatomy of his craftsmanship, not about who he dated last night or why he decided to sit out in the sun so long.

I'm still fascinated by clouds and the sunset. I was making wishes on the rainbow yesterday. I saw the meteor shower. I made a wish every time I saw a shooting star.

I have confidence in my abilities. I have real perseverance. Nothing can stop me when I put my mind to it.

I never think about themes. I let the music create itself. I like it to be a potpourri of all kinds of sounds, all kinds of colors, something for everybody, from the farmer in Ireland to the lady who scrubs toilets in Harlem.

Music has been my outlet, my gift to all of the lovers in this world. Through it, my music, I know I will live forever.

If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.

May this serve as a reminder to us who are still living and breathing. We all have a purpose to fulfill and passions to pursue. May we do our utmost with hope, faith and love, as we wait for the time when we will be once again with our Brother and Heavenly Father. Let us pray for each other -- that we may live a full life, counting our blessings, learning the lessons, and becoming better each time. May we give glory to God's name in everything that we do. May His will be done on us always. Amen.

Labels: ,