Friday, July 31, 2009

Daily Digest #330

The Lord is gracious and full of compassion. —Psalm 111:4

I have a confession to make. I have been harboring anger towards people who have been nothing but selfish and arrogant. I cannot garner the strength to show a bit of care towards these people because they never cared about anyone (well, if there's something in you that might benefit them, then they are absolutely there). And this hinders me from exhibiting love towards them, only kindness (which is sometimes still so hard to give). I have judged them for their actions and their words, and this in fact makes me worse than them. I was reminded of "The World is Your Mirror" and realized maybe I'm the selfish and arrogant one. I struggle most when the people involved are those I know personally. This makes me wonder, maybe the relationship/ friendship was not genuine after all. Because genuine relationships do not just share bountiful times, they also stick with each other in rough moments. I wish I could have been more transparent, but I guess being myself causes others to duck and flee. It is sad how very few people have the courage to confront for the sake of friendship (myself included). My experiences taught me a very valuable lesson, which I posted the other day. Let me share it again....

Friends Are Like Balloons

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
Love the people who treat you right.
Forget about the ones who don't.
Believe everything happens for a reason.
If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said life would be easy.
They just promised it would be worth it.

Friends are like balloons.
Once you let them go, you can't get them back.
So I'm gonna tie you to my heart so I never lose you....

This has struck me so much. I know in my heart that I am a good friend, and I would be willing to be with a friend not because it's the right thing to do, but because I simply want to be there. I am attached to my friendships because I believe they should last forever. We would both be responsible for each other, and would be willing to listen and be sensitive about each others' weaknesses. But no matter how hard things get, we would NEVER give up on each other.... Eventually, I learned to divert my love and attention to others who need them more, like those who love me back, or even strangers who have been nothing but kind. I know that my family and real friends love me. And God loves me. I guess that's more than I could ever ask for. Sometimes, we just have to accept that there's a reason, a season or a lifetime for a certain thing.

This heals me somehow :D I know some of you share the same sentiments/experiences, and I also pray for your healing. I still believe God sends His angels in the form of family and friends so we could build real relationships with them. Let us pray: Lord, thank you for our genuine relationships. Thank you for sending people to love, and for having them love us in return. Thank You for the lessons we learn. Lord, we ask for healing for the hurt and broken-hearted. Please forgive us for our shortcomings, for striking back, for choosing hate over love. Please bless us with a heart of compassion and peace. May we learn to love unconditionally, as You have. We trust in You. Amen.

Labels: ,