Friday, August 14, 2009

Daily Digest #332

This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. —Psalm 118:24

Have you had those moments when you found yourself smiling in spite of a difficult situation? (Well, except those times of near insanity hehe) I'm sure we've all been pressured and tested and mocked several times before. But it is when we choose to see the brighter side of things that we emerge as victors. Just like the reflection above, instead of complaining about her broken arm, she was grateful of what she still had. I, too, forget to open my eyes in times of hardship sometimes. I get too focused on the problem that all I see are the flaws. Just this morning, my boss threw a bunch of new tasks to me effective in October, which made my eyebrow raise a bit. I thought, "why can't we just train somebody new to do these tasks?", which actually meant "why me???" hehe. But I felt God's gentle "pinch", telling me to take another look and consider what I could actually do to help and become better at my job. And He reminded me that I have enough time to practice managing my schedule to get things done. Eventually, I'm sure everything will run as smooth as silk again. Upon realizing this, my whining stopped. It always helps to use the "glass half full" perspective.

For this, let us pray. May we have a grateful heart in spite of our circumstances. May we cease complaining and comparing ourselves to others. May we see difficult things as an opportunity to grow and become a better person. May we always count our blessings. May His will be done on us always. These we ask through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Labels: ,