Monday, August 14, 2006

The Colors of Chatuchak Park

I just purchased a digicam as an advanced birthday gift to myself. As any new owner would feel, I was too eager to experiment on the new gadget, so I headed to the park with a friend to take the first pictures.



Chatuchak Park has been there forever but not once did I go for a stroll until recently. I was filled with awe, watching the pigeons group together on the ground then fly away a few moments later, fountains shooting up in the middle of the lagoon, green grass, clear blue sky and flowers showing off their vivid colors, everything within the 2-kilometer stretch of land.




It's the ideal place for picnics, photography, jogs, outdoor exercises, biking, bicycle boating, rowing or just long strolls. They also have equipment for rent, like the bikes, bicycle boats and even an outdoor gym. It's very accessible, with MRT and BTS station exits within the park area. Small food stalls are on standby just outside the gates so no need to bring much food or beverage, unless one's up for a picnic.




I liked the place so much that I committed myself to Tuesday and Thursday afternoon jogs starting this week. Heheh. Well, good luck :D

Labels: