Thursday, August 17, 2006

My Humble Abode



I've been meaning to write something about my apartment for some time now. As mentioned before, I love home aesthetics. I spend most of my savings on home furnishings, books, cds or dvds, unlike a typical woman who would usually splurge on clothes, shoes and makeup (hmmm, I do spend a bit on shoes sometimes).

I have been living in this apartment for almost 3 years now. I have adapted several Thai themes into my interiors: silk covers, hand-woven lamps, incense and scented candles -- most of the things I bought from the weekend market or the night bazaar, and some hand-me-downs from my sisters. Usually, I check out the sample room setups in the mall, then find, if not the exact, the nearest match of the things I like for a much cheaper price. Smart buy, eh?

The balcony is my most favorite part. Dismissing the fact that my former neighbor just jumped over hers a year ago (bless her soul), I spend some time at night playing the guitar while watching the stretch of city lights along Sukhumvit Road, or tending my young plants.

I never really thought I'd be spending most of my time at home, being such a palaboy myself, when usually people my age are out partying. Maybe I just feel most comfortable in my own territory.


Labels: ,


5 Comments:

  • Mojo! Ang ganda naman! You have a knack for picking and arranging stuffs. I like the bed with that corner table, plus the fact that you have plants.

    I noticed you've got some wide or empty spaces. I'll..uhm...excitedly wait for those spaces to be filled-up, hehehe :D

    By Blogger Selfshift, at 7:26 PM, August 22, 2006  

  • wooohooo jho! naalala ko ang baklang posing natin nung videoke sa living room =))

    By Blogger Elkath, at 11:40 PM, August 22, 2006  

  • wait a minute...may kulang sa apartment...where are the chocolates??!?!?

    By Blogger Elkath, at 11:42 PM, August 22, 2006  

  • Hi Jeff :D Yep, will do. Kelan ka na punta? ;)

    Baklang Nanet, chocolates ka jan, shempre nakatago! Hahaha :p Balik ka na dito! :D

    By Blogger mojojho, at 8:09 AM, August 23, 2006  

  • Aha! Iyon pala ang idadagdag sa walls: mga framed photographs ng "baklang poses" niyo ni nanet hahaha!

    Siguraduhin mo na nakatago ng maigi yung mga chocolates mo kasi siguradong yan ang pagpipiyestahan ko pagpunta ko diyan sa ...uhm....uhm....basta, pag andyan ako, hehehe

    By Blogger Selfshift, at 8:30 AM, August 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

Back to Home Page