Friday, July 25, 2008

Daily Digest #102

So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. —Romans 12:5

It's good to have pointed out 2 big issues from today's reflection -- environmental pollution and moral pollution. The first has become so obvious that we experience so many changes in the weather/climate. Some days, the heat is unbearable, as if being suffocated with a bag over our heads. We've reached weather extremes, either too hot/dry or too cold/wet. Let us ask ourselves: am I doing my part to help save the environment (or at least what's left of it)? It's sad that so much is lost. I passed by Central World (used to be World Trade Center here in Bangkok) during the weekend, and I saw the exhibit they put up outside the mall called "Earth From Above". They displayed hundreds of beautiful billboard-sized environmental pictures, with facts on the side, how the world's resources and nature are rapidly depleting. It's very moving, and informative. You can visit these sites: Earth From Above and Yann Arthus Bertrand.

The latter issue is also as palpable. Oftentimes, we forget how our words and actions affect those who hear or see us. Yesterday, I had a sudden temper outburst, and it led me to ignore people who I found irritating. Thanks to those who bore witness and imparted words of wisdom, I eventually got it out of my system. I realize how little patience I still have. I have subconsciously set expectations on others, and it became very frustrating when they were unmet. No matter how good our intension may be, I learned yet again how much better it is to be kind than to be right.

For this, let us pray... May we develop a loving, faithful and generous heart. May we learn to love others as we love ourselves. May we learn to discuss our issues in a loving and peaceful way. May God be the center of each of our relationships. May we pray always.

Labels: ,