Friday, March 27, 2009

Daily Digest #252

Samuel took a stone . . . and called its name Ebenezer, saying, “Thus far the Lord has helped us.” —1 Samuel 7:12

Everyday is an opportunity to testify about God's grace in our lives. Everyday, we get answered prayers -- ours and others'. Things may not go as we planned or prayed for, but the bigger picture implies how God responds to everybody's prayers and needs.

Personally, I was enlightened upon reading the passage because I woke up with less enthusiasm. It felt like waking up on the same boring day where everything's a routine. But God reminded me how the heart works, and how the mind responds. He stressed how I needed to make the decision to turn this day into something extraordinary. I figured how a bad mindset at the beginning of the day can spoil the rest of the day, if and only I allow it to. It reflects a distrustful heart, and I already know that when I don't trust Him enough, my whole day is ruined. This led me to realize again how each moment is a blessing, and a chance to make a difference. And so, I'm making a choice.... I am going to be happy today :D

For this, join me in prayer. May we grow a grateful heart. May we not hesitate to share God's grace and love in our lives, testifying to those who are willing to listen. May we always count our blessings. Pray always.

Labels: ,